JoyTunes Summer Camp
Monday, June 19, 2017 by Chrissy Misso | Uncategorized
I hope summer is off to a wonderful start and everyone is remembering to wear sunscreen!
I have some exciting news on the cool piano front!
JoyTunes, the company that created Piano Maestro, is once again starting SUMMER CAMP June 29th, 2017. One lucky winner will receive an Amazon gift card!
Here's how it works:
Every week for the duration of Summer Camp, the JoyTunes team will release a summer camp song. They will announce the song on social media and email. There will be several versions of the tune so everyone can play. Students who get 3 stars on the song will automatically be registered in a drawing to win the gift card. The contest runs for one week starting from the release day. The more they play - the more entries they get! Super Easy! Remember to have the students force quit after each practice session for their entry to count.
What a great way to retain those piano skills we worked so hard for this year!
The WINNER will be announced by Facebook, Twitter and if it's you, EMAIL! Don't worry! JoyTunes won't post anything without your permission.
Start brushing up by playing last year's Summer Camp tunes and get ready to PLAY!
(and The JoyTunes Team)
Summer Incentive: Road Trip Bingo
Monday, June 12, 2017 by Chrissy Misso | Challenge
Information & Rules
- We are playing BLACKOUT bingo – that means you need to cover ALL of the squares. Once you complete a bingo square, you will cover it with a sticker.
- Two of the challenges require and four others can use Piano Maestro, and, therefore, some do not need to be completed at lessons but can be done during the practice week. Ask Chrissy for specifics!
- Paper/Worksheets for the writing assignments will be provided.
- Challenge Dates: June 12-September 2, 2017
- Completing the BLACKOUT will earn you a special prize the first week of September; there is also a bonus
You can complete all of the bonus challenges for an extra prize or do a substitute for one of the bingo squares
- Perform 3 songs in a public venue (ideas:
Gonda Subway, take an electronic keyboard somewhere, St. Mary’s Atrium, a piano you find somewhere on vacation) – need photographic evidence!
- Learn a piano duet with someone (
not Chrissy!) – you may ask Chrissy for ideas/music, need to perform for Chrissy or take a video
- Make a composer profile (research!) including birth and death (if applicable) dates, their major accomplishments, some information about their family, and your favourite piece by that composer why you chose them.
- Attend a musical event (concert, musical play
…) and make a journal entry about it (you may do a picture collage—if pictures are allowed!, write a review—how did they do?, or write about your personal response)
- A super fun idea of your own (
HAVE FUN!!! ♮chrissy