Piano in the Winter
Friday, January 26, 2018 by Chrissy Misso | info
Ever thought about what you should do with your piano in the winter?!?
Well, you need to take care of it; it is make of wood and metal and lots of bad things can happen if you don’t give it enough TLC! You should be monitoring humidity and temperature around your instrument. Read some more here https://www.worldpianonews.com/general/winter-tips-for-your-piano/ or here http://www.ptg.org/document//35/ or here https://www.modernpiano.com/How-to-Make-Your-Piano-Winter-Ready-1-28.html.
Need a piano technician? We know one from the Piano Technicians Guild: Conrad! (Choffsommer@hotmail.com, 563-382-8525)
Also! Don’t forget to take care of your hands!!! (Stay active to keep them warm and use some hydrating lotion to prevent skin breakdown!)
The Benefits of Good Posture
Monday, February 8, 2016 by Chrissy Misso | info
along with the benefits to your brain, the side effects of practicing good posture improve your health and spirits too!
check out this TED-Ed talk: http://ed.ted.com/lessons/the-benefits-of-good-posture-murat-dalkinic
We've gone online!
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 by Chrissy Misso | info
♪ ♩ « Hello Everyone! » ♩♪
We've gone online! I will be utilising MyMusicStaff to do lots of things to help us keep up with each other!
Once you are signed up through the student portal, you can:
- View the calendar of upcoming events, lessons, public events
- View your attendance
- View borrowed and downloaded library items
- Track practice time and leave notes or questions that you have from your practice session
- Add and track the pieces you have played or the books you've completed
- View your number of make-up credits
- View your teacher's contact information
- Keep up-to-date with studio news
- View the family’s account and invoice information (only visible to parents/adult students)
- REGISTER for lessons! (here)
Please check the News tab for reminders, notes, cool things...who knows what may appear there!
We will be figuring some of this out as we go, but please email me if you have any questions/concerns!