Summer Incentive: Road Trip Bingo
Monday, June 12, 2017 by Chrissy Misso | Challenge
Information & Rules
- We are playing BLACKOUT bingo – that means you need to cover ALL of the squares. Once you complete a bingo square, you will cover it with a sticker.
- Two of the challenges require and four others can use Piano Maestro, and, therefore, some do not need to be completed at lessons but can be done during the practice week. Ask Chrissy for specifics!
- Paper/Worksheets for the writing assignments will be provided.
- Challenge Dates: June 12-September 2, 2017
- Completing the BLACKOUT will earn you a special prize the first week of September; there is also a bonus…
You can complete all of the bonus challenges for an extra prize or do a substitute for one of the bingo squares
- Perform 3 songs in a public venue (ideas: Gonda Subway, take an electronic keyboard somewhere, St. Mary’s Atrium, a piano you find somewhere on vacation) – need photographic evidence!
- Learn a piano duet with someone (not Chrissy!) – you may ask Chrissy for ideas/music, need to perform for Chrissy or take a video
- Make a composer profile (research!) including birth and death (if applicable) dates, their major accomplishments, some information about their family, and your favourite piece by that composer why you chose them.
- Attend a musical event (concert, musical play…) and make a journal entry about it (you may do a picture collage—if pictures are allowed!, write a review—how did they do?, or write about your personal response)
- A super fun idea of your own (needs approval)
HAVE FUN!!! ♮chrissy
Valentine's Practice Challenge
Wednesday, February 1, 2017 by Chrissy Misso | Challenge
Is everyone ready for this challenge?!? (you guys didn't do so well in December!!)
You have two weeks to PRACTICE practice PRACTICE!! You MUST log (record in your notebook) your practice time to get the stickers for the challenge chart, and you MUST finish the chart to get the prize.
...There may be a bonus for the person who get the most stickers (for those who go OVER the needed 20!!)!!!!
Tuesday, June 21, 2016 by Chrissy Misso | Challenge
Summer is here again!! This is what is on this year's docket:
Piano Maestro Summer Camp!
Summer Practice Challenge!
- Chrissy’s Studio:
- Running from June 21
to September 5
, 2016, whoever earns the most stars on Piano Maestro will get a special gift!
- Please give priority to your home challenges!
- JoyTunes Sponsored:
- During the month of July, a new song will be released each week, if you earn three (3) stars on the song, you will be entered in the JoyTunes drawing for a prize
- In PM, go to the library, songs, type, and select Summer Camp (there will likely be some “leftovers” from last year’s)
- For every 10 minutes you put on your practice chart, you will get to colour in one square
- There is a key at the top of each page – cross off boxes as you colour them in
- You have until our last SUMMER lesson to finish! (by 9/2/16)
- Finish both pictures, and you get a bonus too!
A Valentine's Day Challenge from PianoMaestro
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 by Chrissy Misso | Challenge
Love is in the air! To celebrate Valentine's Day this year, play any version of John Legend's "All of Me" for 3 stars for a chance to win an Amazon gift card from JoyTunes! The winner will be announced on February 15th!
♥ You have from today until the END OF DAY February 14th! ♥
Please pick the level that will work best for you:
- If you haven't started reading music yet, that is 1A.
- If you started between June and October 2015, try 1B and 2A
- If you predate June 2015, start with 2B and see how far you can get!
- Violin students: try 1B and 2A
- IF you have played this song before, you MUST do it again to be entered into the drawing!
To find this song:
1. Open PM and go to the Library
2. Click Songs
3. and Search "all of me" (in the upper right corner)
♥ GOOD LUCK! ♥